System Security Engineer
Our team currently manages over 30 locations, which are 1350 users, spread over 4 continents with both office and production networks active (depending on the location). Our aim is to make sure our users can constantly count on a reliable, performant and secure network.
As System Security Engineer:
- You participate in projects and execute security related operations and optimizations.
- You support other ICT teams and business units with security challenges and issues and provide technical input for architecture changes and platform improvements.
- You will be the central day-to-day contact for all security related incidents from systems and users.
- You will actively look for abnormal or deviating events, investigate inconsistencies and provide security reporting to the team & management.
- You will reinforce security awareness in our end users by providing support and coaching.
- You keep process-, environment- and end user documentation up to date.
- We also expect you to keep your knowledge up to date regarding security trends and new challenges, within domains as End user workplace (including anti-virus and hardening), Networking and firewalling, Cloud applications, Operational Technology and Servers and virtualization.
Ready to take on this important role?
To be able to be successful in this role we believe you need to have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Informatics or equivalent through experience.
- 5 years of experience in IT infrastructure in mid to large IT environments.
- A broad IT Infrastructure knowledge, more specifically Network and Firewalling knowledge, Server and virtualisation knowledge as well as Cloud system knowledge.
- Familiarity with Information Technology Infrastructure Library processes.
- Flexibility and a natural drive to continuously improve processes and ways of working.Someone with a learning mindset, who finds it easy to absorb and transfer knowledge to others.
- A high level of self-confidence, initiative and accuracy, combined with a hands-on can-do attitude. Someone who is able to cope with continuously changing situations and the rapidly evolving digital environment.
- Last but not least you speak fluent English and Dutch. French would be an added bonus.
- The opportunity to improve yourself within a growing and international environment.
- You will be a part of an ambitious and driven team with a mix of talent.
- Tons of on-the-job learning and insights.
- Close cooperation with various stakeholders within the group.
- A company culture where passion, team spirit and open dialogue are the main drivers.
- An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits.
- And off course freshly baked cookies every day!