For Lotus Bakeries, it goes without saying that your personal information is treated confidentially, taking into account all relevant provisions of theapplicable privacy legislation, such as but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”.
This Policy applies to the processing of your personal data in the framework of different applications (websites, sales, etc.) provided or operated by us or on our behalf.
2. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
The legal entity which is responsible for the processing of your personal data and who will act as data controller is:
Lotus Bakeries Corporate NV, Gentstraat 1, 9971 Lembeke, Belgium, company number 0881.664.870 (hereinafter “Lotus Bakeries”)
3. How and on which legal grounds will we process your personal data?
Depending on your specific situation, you can find below an overview of the personal data which will be processed, the legal ground(s) and purpose(s) of the processing, if they will be transferred, and the applicable retention periods:
A. Job application form
You can apply for a job at Lotus Bakeries through our job application form. For the processing of this information we rely on the services of SuccesFactors, an application owned and controlled by SAP.
The following data is collected, stored and processed:
- CV | application letter (both not a mandatory field);
- First and last name;
- (Mobile) Phone (+country code);
- E-mail address;
- Postal Code (not a mandatory field);
- How did you hear about the vacancy? (not a mandatory field);
- More Information (not a mandatory field);
- Function of interest (not a mandatory field);
- Country / Region of Residence
The requested personal information is used for the purposes of our recruitment process only in light of the execution of a potential agreement. Your data will be deleted after closure of the relevant recruitment process or with your consent stored in our recruitment database for 3 years. In case your application results in a job with Lotus Bakeries, your information will be stored as specified in your employment contract. Your data can be transferred to an assessment center or other third party that assists us in the recruitment process, when this is relevant. In that case Lotus Bakeries will provide appropriate safeguards. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to recruit new people.
B. Commercial relationship management
Within the framework of our commercial activities, and more specifically related to the management of our (potential and actual) clients and (potential and actual) suppliers, it is possible that we receive or collect personal data.
The processing of the data is exclusively for managing our business relationships and is therefore based on our legitimate interest. We will always take your privacy rights into account. Your data will be stored for 10 years after the end of our business relationship and will be subject to continuous monitoring.
Your data may be disclosed to another affiliate of Lotus Bakeries when this is useful in our B2B relationship. You can find our affiliates on our corporate website (www.lotusbakeries.com). For transfer to our affiliates outside the EEA we provide appropriate safeguards.
4. Protection of your personal data
We have a set of technical and organizational security measures in place to protect your personal data against unlawful or unauthorized access or use, as well as against accidental loss or damage to their integrity. These measures have been designed taking into account our IT infrastructure, the potential impact on your privacy and the costs involved and are in accordance with current industry standards and practice.
Your personal data will only be processed by a third party if that third party agrees to comply with those technical and organizational data security measures.
Relating to your personal data you have the following rights:
- You can always request information about your personal data collected, stored and processed by Lotus Bakeries. To receive this kind of information you need to prove your identity (for example by sending us a copy of your ID).
- If your personal data stored by Lotus Bakeries is incorrect, you can of course apply for a correction.
- You have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data (for example, while the accuracy of your personal data is being checked).
- You may require us to erase any data concerning you (except in some cases, for example when we have to save your data to prove a transaction or when required by law).
- In case the processing is based on your consent, you may revoke your consent to the storage and processing of your personal data.
- If you do not agree with the way Lotus Bakeries is processing your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgium Data Protection Authority (https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/citizen).
7. Who to contact if you have any questions or requests
For any questions, requests or complaints concerning the application of this Policy or to exercise your rights, as described in this Policy, you may contact us at:
8. Changes to our Policy
We keep our Policy under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This Policy was last updated on February 2022.